On this page
Each year, the Back to School (BTS) Forms Packet is opened prior to the start of school. Some forms are blank and some have information from the previous year.
Each form is broken down into its own “step” and must be updated by parents with any necessary changes each year. Even if a form's fields are filled out, the system will not recognize it as “completed” until a Complete Step… button is clicked on for the corresponding step. This action works similarly as an electronic signature.
Parents have to submit the entire packet in order to get credit for completion in Skyward. Many parents mark all forms “complete” but never submit the packet in the last step.
This article provides essential information and helpful instructions for how to ensure the forms have been completed and the packet has been submitted properly.
Verifying Completion of BTS Forms Packet [Submission for Parents]
If you have received a communication from your student's campus about an incomplete Back to School (BTS) Forms Packet, please refer to the following instructions available in this article.
Click here for a printable handout.
Verify Completion Status
The most common issue with BTS Form Packets is not marking them as "Completed."
- After logging into Skyward Family Access, click on the 20xx-20xx Back to School Forms tab in the left-hand menu.
- Your student(s) will be revealed in the pop-up window. Verify each student has the word “Completed” with a timestamp below their name. If any students are missing this indication, please click on their name.
Submit Forms Packet
Even if you have filled out all of the forms, the BTS Forms Packet is required to be submitted, even after reopening it to make adjustments.
Make sure every (Required) step is completed.
If a step still needs to be marked as “completed,” please click on the desired Complete Step… button at the bottom of the step's screen. This example is for Step 4.
- The Complete Step 4 Only button will allow you to mark this step as complete and return to the rest of the packet at a later time.
- The Complete Step 4 and move to Step 5 button will mark the current step as complete and redirect you to the next step automatically.
- If a step still needs to be marked as “completed,” please click on the desired Complete Step… button at the bottom of the step's screen. This example is for Step 4.
- Click on the last step listed on the right side of the screen. This example's last step is Step 16.
- Click on the Submit 20xx-20xx Back to School Forms button.
This process can be repeated for any student missing the “Completed” indication in step two of this article.