Requesting a New KHub Article
How to Request Documented Information in the Knowledge Hub
If you are looking for information regarding a specific topic in the Knowledge Hub (KHub), but there are not currently any results that match your search criteria, you may want to request that the desired information is documented. This article will help guide you through the process of requesting a new KHub article.
There are a few possible reasons why you might receive “0 results” for your KHub search:
Your search criteria may simply not match even though relevant information exists.
- If so, consider trying a different spelling or word choice.
You may not have access if the information has restricted access.
- LISD students and staff can only access internal articles if they are logged in.
- While public KHub articles exist, there is a considerable amount of articles that are only accessible by specifically assigned groups of job types, campus levels and departments.
- The information may not be documented yet.
If you would like to submit an article request for a specific topic, please complete the following fields.
- Enter your LISD email in the Your Email field.
- Enter a potential title for the requested documentation in the Your Question field.
Please provide as much detail as possible in the Description field.
Who needs this access
- Grade level(s)
- Grade level(s)
How the information will be used
- Specific application(s)
- Certain scenario(s)
- Complete task(s)
When the information is referenced
- Beginning of the school year
- Specific grading periods
- End of school year
- Who needs this access
- Click on the Contact Support button.
You will receive the following notification once your request has been successfully submitted.